[geeks] More free goodies

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Mar 18 22:34:25 CST 2002

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 11:27:44PM -0500, Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> I have a decent DEC 19" monitor. this is a VRT-19HA (I think it is the part
> number) this is a big mahonking thing that is for sure a fixed frequency tube
> (WILL NOT WORK WITH A PEECEE) Most likely came off of a DecStation. Anyway,
> it is free.

Actually, with a Matrox Millenium (and perhaps also the newer Matrox cards),
some custom soldering work to make a cable, an intimate knowledge of XFree
configuration, a lot of spare time, etc, this moniter can be forced to work
on a PC.  I have seen it done.  Apparently the Millenium can be made to work
with just about any monitor.

--
Joshua D. Boyd