[geeks] Insurance, and Why I Hate It (long)

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Mar 18 19:57:43 CST 2002

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 06:19:27PM -0500, alex j avriette wrote:

> at any rate, in california you must be insured -- or you can post a
> bond, which i believe must be $50,000. you can bet when i get the chance
> thats where i'll be putting my money.

In PA you must be insured.  There is something about self insurance, posting
bonds, etc, but I don't know what it is.  I do know that it is possible for
a group of people to go together to do this though.  It is called an
association of self insurures, or something to that effect.  I used to belong
to one.  It worked well for nearly 50 years, but they tried to be a real
insurance company, hired suits, etc, and things went south.

--
Joshua D. Boyd