[geeks] The perfect pen

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Mon Mar 18 17:48:16 CST 2002

> Least pen for the money? Monte Blanc. A salesweasel at my last job handed me
> one to write something down with and I didn't find anything about it that
> justified its expense. My 10 cent BicStik felt about the same, except for
> the barrel shape/weight.

I've got a Mont Blanc, and the pen is perfectly balanced.
The writing just flows.  I don't know what the deal was
with the Mont Blanc you tried, but all the ones I've
tried work very well.  I've got a couple of friends that
agree, including a professional calligrapher.

One word of advice, given to me by the professional calligrapher:
Don't lend out your fountain pen.  People that don't know what
they are doing tend to use too much pressure, which isn't good
for the nib.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net