[geeks] FS: Lucent 802.11b AP/gateway and PCMCIA card

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Mar 18 01:46:25 CST 2002

I've got a Lucent/Orinoco RG-1000 802.11b access point (also serves as a
NAT gateway, if you wish; I just use it as a straight 802.11<->Ethernet
bridge) and a new WaveLAN (used long enough to test and upgrade to latest
firmware) "Silver" 802.11b PCMCIA wireless ethernet card for sale.

The RG-1000:

http://www.orinocowireless.com/template.html?section=m56&envelope=95&page=129

The card:

http://www.orinocowireless.com/template.html?section=m57&page=126&envelope=93

(Note: The RG-1000 and Apple Airport base stations are basically the same
 thing; the only differences are the loaded firmware and the plastic
 enclosure.  Some people report you can flash the RG with the Apple base
 firmware and "turn it into" an Airport base station, but since my Apple stuff
 worked fine with it and the Lucent firmware, I didnt try it..)

Reason for selling:  I have no need for wireless, at least on this end of
the house, when all the systems are about 10 feet from each other!  Trying to
cut down on clutter and too many wall-warts..

$200 + shipping for both.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford