[geeks] Help with MCSE

alex j avriette avriettea at speakeasy.net
Sat Mar 16 21:47:15 CST 2002

> You mean it *worked*?!! :)

Erm, no. I dont have any filthy windows machines to test it on here.
That may change in the nearish future though I guess. :-7

>> think that would work? any other suggestions?
>
> As long as it's a PII and has at least 256MB RAM it'll be fine.

Hm. Okay, this brings up a couple questions. I was thinking emachine,
which is a celeron ghz give or take. Problem is, they go for $300. The
pII machines ebay all seem to go for in the neighborhood of $200. This
seems ridiculous. Any ideas how I can put together a small lan of filthy
windows machines on the cheap? I mean ideally, it would seem to me that
for $500 give or take, I could pull together 3 or 4 windows clients and
maybe a faster p3 or celeron class machine to be her primary machine.

Virtual PC was suggested (I've got a bunch of macs), but I have had very
poor results with it in the past.

thanks
alex