[geeks] nifty Windows programs?

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Thu Mar 14 23:44:32 CST 2002

> > > Putty... http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/
> > > Or, if you are determined to spend money, SecureCRT by VanDyke.
> >
> > Cost aside, Putty is still superior for most purposes in my opinion.  I carry
> > it on floppy to use on machines with SecureCRT already installed, that's how
> > much I prefer it.
>
> I've had serious problems with PuTTY.  I tend to use OpenSSH and Cygwin.

For terminal emulation under Windows, I prefer Reflections or
PowerTerm.  I know the new version of Reflections has SSH, but
I'm stuck with V8 right now.  I need a good VT2xx or better
emulation, and all the free emulators I've tried have flaws.

When I used a Mac I used Microphone Pro, but I don't know if
that's still available.  I do know the VT2xx emulation was
good as I did a lot of testing for them during the beta period
and found a few emulation bugs that they fixed.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net