[geeks] ADMINISTRIVIA: Changes to mail delivery policies

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Thu Mar 14 07:05:01 CST 2002

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 01:30:20AM -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > Or secondary nameservers, or redundant anythings, I'm sure.  It's all just
> > a big capitalist scam.
>
> Now you're really off in left field and blowing nonsense.  There's no
> such thing as a "secondary" nameserver.  All NS records are returned in

Damn man.. what drugs are you on, and where do I get some??

Hint: A "Secondary Nameserver" is a server which is not a "Primary
Nameserver". ie, one which gets it's zonefile via a zone transfer rather
than from a local file.

You might like to go do a search on your favourite search engine for
"secondary nameserver", or possible for RFC 1537. After that, try searching
for "clue".

  Scott.