[geeks] Kurt is loaded with Octane-y goodness...

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Mar 14 01:32:50 CST 2002

> > So what do I do?  Do I upgrade the stereo in the truck?  Did I get the
> > lift kit?  Do I save it towards an engine for the motorcycle?  Do I buy
> > that Jet table saw I've been lusting after?  No.  I go buy an Octane!
> > I'm such a geek...
>
> how'd your better half react to the octane? ;)

Well, lets just say I wouldn't have bought it without *asking* Karin
first.  I'm a brave man, but I know my limits, too :) [1]

See, I'm not allowed to spend money without permission.  Anything over
$10 requires Special Dispensation from the Financial Department [2].
I've been a good boy (remodelling the kitchen and bathroom), and she
gave me the "okay" for my new full-time computer [3]...

Kurt
[1] I feel a visit to QVC.com coming on for something shiny in a little
box for Karin...

[2] Before y'all laugh at me - I like it this way.  I have to manage the
budget at work, and I fucking hate it.  I get an allowance, and from
that I buy toys, coffee, lunch, and parts to build the motorcycle or add
to the truck.  IANAResponsible Perosn with money, and Karin keeps us out
of the poor-house...

[3] "Damn straigt!" she says.  "For that price you better sleep with
it!"  Karin gets the laptop and is feeling all sorts of goodness in the
upgrade from 133Mhz to 800Mhz.