[geeks] books on computer architecture

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Mar 13 20:02:38 CST 2002

> > There's a more advanced "flavor" of the book, called
> > _Computer_Architecture_, by the same authors.  ISBN 1-55860-596-7.
>
> DOH.  I looked at this at Half Price a couple of hours ago, and ALMOST
> bought it, for $19.95... 'doh!

You might want to get it, then.  Or, if you see _Comp._Org._&_Design_,
it's a much better starter-text.  _Computer_Architecture_ sort-of assumes
a grad-school level of familiarity with the subject.  $19.95 is even in my
price range these days.  I might have to pick it up, if they have multiple
copies. :)

--Jonathan