[geeks] MBUS modules

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Wed Mar 13 19:33:18 CST 2002

On Wednesday, March 13, 2002, at 05:57 , Ryn wrote:

> Anyone know somewhere (not eBay) with cheap dual CPU modules for a
> SPARC 10? Any recommendations on the optimal value when taking price and
> CPU power into account? I checked  out the MBUS site off sunhelp.org.
> Just
> curious what folks recommend.

Dual-CPU modules?  So you can four, or do you mean a pair of CPU's?  If
the former, the ross 2x100MHz are nice, but a pair of 'em (4CPU's) runs
hot, IMO.  My favorite config, if you have the PROM to support it, is a
pair of the SM-71's (75MHz SuperSPARC II's). They run well, reasonably
cool, and have 1M of cache each.  They make for a nice box.  If not, got
for the 60MHz modules, they are also good.

-Pete