[geeks] ADMINISTRIVIA: Changes to mail delivery policies

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Wed Mar 13 19:27:49 CST 2002

On Wednesday, March 13, 2002, at 05:27 , Amy wrote:

>> It's a mailing list. Get over it.
>
> thanks. i'm glad someone said it before bill blew his top.

Y'all beat me to it. (See what I get for sleeping until 2:30PM?)  Even
the Basenji rescue lists on basenji.com are still *mailing* lists, and I
remind the folks involved that failures can and will happen.  No offense
to Bill, but that shit is far more time-critical than most of what has
to pump through sunhelp.org. (Dog has 24 hours left in kill shelter,
etc.)

So, I think Bill is justified in his viewpoint.  I'm beginning to get
peeved at the clueless nature of people myself.  Every goddamn month
when the mailman subscription reminders go out I get a flood of mail
with the "please take me off this list." or the like.  Not naming the
list.  Not to mention that EVERY DAMN PIECE OF MAIL they get comes with
unsubscription instructions at the bottom.

I think everybody should pas a basic test in cluefulness before being
allowed to use the internet.  Damn, but there are some dumb fucks out
there.

-Pete