[geeks] IBM 120GXP ATA/100

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Wed Mar 13 19:19:12 CST 2002

On Wednesday, March 13, 2002, at 01:26 , Geoff Reed wrote:

> Mine ran fine 24/7 for ~ 1 year until a power failure, then after it
> cooled it failed to spin up again, just making a clunk-clunk-clunk noise

My 45G drive now sits on a shelf... I couldn't take the chance of it
blowing.  As I posted earlier to the list, replacing it with an 80G
Maxtor 5400 RPM didn't hurt performance all that much, and the system
runs cooler now. (Even now with dual G4/500's, my mac runs cooler than
it did with a single CPU and the 7200 RPM IBM drive.  That puppy ran
*hot*!)