[geeks] ADMINISTRIVIA: Changes to mail delivery policies

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Wed Mar 13 17:39:53 CST 2002

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> Amy says she doesn't care if the mailer holds her outgoing mail and
> tries to send it for some decent period of time.  Perhaps she even
> really wants to see when a message isn't immediately deliverable.  Your
> configuration takes that control out of her hands, and maybe even out of
> your own hands, causing her mail to have to sit in some remote mailer's
> queue for an even more undefined period of time, often with no
> indication of where it is or why it hasn't been delivered yet.

never, ever put words in my mouth or words i have not yet typed onto a
screen. perhaps this makes me sound like a simpleton, but ultimately, i
dont give a shit how the mail gets to me as long as it gets there. period.
i'm not interested in details, semantics, methodry or administration
bullshit. i am a user, in the end. details and the ilk bore me more than
bad 70's porn.

in this regard, i really don't know nor care what an mx is, nor an rfc.
nor do i really give two shits about what a hardship this might be to the
two people with something called broken exchange servers. i'm happy just
being able to get my mail and send it by my more-than-capable husband and
his slightly underpowered machine (NOT THAT MACHINE YOU PERVS).

--a