[geeks] ADMINISTRIVIA: Changes to mail delivery policies

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Wed Mar 13 03:04:42 CST 2002

[ On Wednesday, March 13, 2002 at 08:18:25 (+0000), Kris Kirby wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] ADMINISTRIVIA: Changes to mail delivery policies
>
> > The retries (normally just three tiny SYN packets each) for 5 days
> > backlog for a few unreachable sites are not going to even be a tiny
> > pixel on your bandwidth graph, and I'm sure you won't even notice the
> > disk space and other sundry resources they may take up either.
>
> Yeah, but the one KB per attempt message....

How the heck did you translate a failed connection attempt into "1 KB per
attempt message"?!?!?!?  On all Unix TCP/IP stacks I'm aware of there
will only be three very tiny little SYN packets sent (and not even all
at once -- about a minute between each).  That'll be under 0.25 KB total!!!!

--
								Greg A. Woods