[geeks] car question (RESOLVED)

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Mar 12 15:30:46 CST 2002

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 03:14:57PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On March 12, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > > I had a stripper as a roommate named Cookie last year :)
> > Roommate.  Uh huh. 8-)
>   Yeah.  I had a "roommate" like that for about an hour.  Cost me fifty
> bucks.

I actually *had* a not-too-bad looking roommate (seriously, only a roommate)
that DID almost strip (at least down to her underwear) and walk around my
apartment like I wasnt there.

I didnt mind, after all, we're all mature adults, right?  Well, my girlfriend
at the time minded and accused me of screwing the roommate when she wasnt
around.. never mind that the roommate and I were friends, but I was Not Her
Type.

I think all I really got out of that was:

a.  raging case of blueballs
b.  determination to never again date chicks who are "sysadmins" for IBM
c.  NEVER NEVER NEVER AGAIN let a platonic female friend stay at my domicile
    for 3+ months, rent-free, because she doesent want to move 3 states away
    and then move back, during summer break, just because I'm a Nice Guy. [1][2]

Bill

[1] When I finally told her that I was tired of her bringing her boyfriends over
    to MY apartment, where she lived and slept on the couch at night, and
    f**king them in my LIVING ROOM, while I sat trapped in the bedroom on the
    computer, and I told her "you have two weeks to move in with one of said
    boyfriends", she cleaned out all the food in the kitchen, and even stole
    my towels and loofah sponge from the shower.  THEN she told me "I dont owe
    anybody anything"... uh.. bitch, howabout a "thank you" for the food and
    shelter and internet access I provided for the past 3 months?  Or the $200
    futon mattress I ended up GIVING you after you and boyfriend(s) did the
    nasty on it too many times?

[2] I'm still a Nice Guy, but deep inside, I'm Very Bitter.  Women will do that
    to you.  Luckily, I found Amy, who is Zero Bullshit Wife (tm).  If she
    thinks something, she says it to my face.  None of that beating-around-the
    bush stuff.  Very refreshing.  We'd both been through bullshit relationships
    before, and neither of us wanted to deal with it again. 8-)

Lessee.

Oklahoma girlfriend:  Homeschooled.  Thought she was Wiccan, a vampire, or
bisexual, depending on the phase of the moon.  Had "fun" with her female friends
at my house while I was at work (it was interesting finding OTHER WOMENS panties
under my bed).  Tried to make me think she'd had an affair with my best friend;
turns out she was just trying to see how I would react.  Ended up married to
some guy she met on IRC while we were engaged, and last I heard, had gotten
fired from her job at Waffle House and was living in some suburb of Dallas.

Texas Girlfriend #1:  Nice, friendly, but used me as her computer-fixing
gigolo and source of money to buy her family christmas presents.

Texas Girlfriend #2:  Psycho IBM GS employee; was a "sysadmin" but didnt know
how to install BIND or use VI.  Tried to pull the "I'm pregnant" trick when I
told her I was tired of being her "stop by on the way to work and get laid";
last I heard had moved to Chicago.

Texas Girlfriend #3:  Amy.  YAY!  Non-psycho, unless she runs out of cokes
or cigarettes.  I can deal with that. 8-)

Okay, I'll stop ranting now.

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net