[geeks] car question (RESOLVED)

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Tue Mar 12 09:02:38 CST 2002

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Amy wrote:
>
> > > $300!  Ouch - you got ripped of on that battery!
>
> > midas. brakes. 300 for brakes and rotors, not battery.
>
> I'll put in a standard disclaimer on this... Midas is not
> a particularly good place to get this done.  It's a shame
> that I'm pretty much on the other side of the country,
> cause I can do brakes nice and easy and if you price out
> the parts I'm betting they won't top $150... probably not
> even $100.

nod, i know. i use them on select vehicles because they're widespread and
i tend to use my car for long-distance hauls. security-factor, if you
will. they priced out the rotors at 70-90, which is at least 3x what they
actually cost and i'm well aware of it. the actual pads are only running
me 100. the rest is just the cost of rotors and tax.

on the bright side, they're doing free oil changes too, though.

> Now, I've put that disclaimer in, but if you can't find a reputable
> independant, Midas is better than nothing, especially if you're not
> like me and are comfortable doing your own brakes.

i'm comfortable cleaning, washing, and waxing my car. beyond that, due to
the car being in extremely good condition for its age and make, i leave
the rest to knowledgeable folks.

--a