[geeks] where is compiler_eoe.sw.unix

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Mar 12 07:43:36 CST 2002

> compiler_eoe.sw.unix is on the Foundation 1 CD, at least, in my 6.5
> distribution.  You may need to open the overlay discs as well to get it to
> install.
>
> Are you not finding the package at all, or is there a version clash?
> That package is updated in MIPSpro 7.3, so the Java SDK may require the
> updated package.

That might be it - but in looking at my disks, there's no
compiler_eoe.sw.unix - there's compiler_eoe.sw.something (disks not in
front of me).  It *does* make sense that it's looking for a newer
version, and the tardist for Java is simply braindead?

Honestly, I was at the end of my rope last night.  I was tired, could
barely function, but didn't want to give up.  Finally I decided that
I'll have to live with the success of getting xmms on the system and
leave it at that...

> Try downloading the MIPSpro overlays from here:
> http://support.sgi.com/colls/patches/docs/relstream/mipspro7.3.1.3m/mipspro7.3.1.3m.html
>
> And just installing the compiler_eoe overlays.

I'll give that a shot.  That makes the most sense to me right now.
Thanks!

Kurt