[geeks] Accountable Geeking

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Mar 12 05:28:28 CST 2002

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 06:59:49PM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Okay, for simple stuff, can anyone give me reasons (not a flamewar, but
> reasons) to get acquainted with PostgreSQL instead of continuing to use
> MySQL?

Depends whether you count such goodies as triggers, stored procedures and
transactions* as being 'simple stuff'.  I use triggers and SPs pretty
heavily to enforce data integrity when SQL's standard constraints (or
perhaps my understanding of them) are insufficient.

* - I believe the latest MySQL has at least limited transaction support

--
Lord Protector David Cantrell | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

  There is no sigmonster