[geeks] Colds suck!

doctor obnox son of a bitch drobnox at visi.com
Mon Mar 11 12:45:39 CST 2002

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 11:01:32AM -0600, Eric Dittman had the audacity to opine:
> > > I'm going back to bed, this cold just sucks.  I'd really like to thank
> > > whoever gave it to me, but the list is really long...  Everybody at work
> > > seems to have one, and my Physical Therapist as well.
> > > (How the hell do people get colds in SoCal?)
> > > Grumble, grumble...
> > > _pete
> >
> > oh yeah?  I was out of work two days last week with a sore throat (turns out
> > the Boss had strep, and two of us admins came down with it as well), and
> > now it looks like it turned into minor pneumonia over the weekend.
> >
> > Feeling better right now than I did this morning tho.
>
> I slipped getting into the shower Saturday and hit my
> right shin hard against the edge of the tub.  I've got
> two huge knots on either side of the impact point, with
> large scrapes on top of each, and the whole area is
> swollen.  Fortunately it isn't broken, but my leg from
> the knee down past the ankle hurts.
>
> The cats have been jumping on it while I'm laying with
> it elevated.  They think my leg would be a nice place
> to lay.

 Oh yeah??? well, *I'VE* got what my doctor calls "metatarsalgia", which
 is latin for "my foot hurts".  I was afraid that I might have gout, but
 the doc says not. So I'm stuck with a non-specific diagnosis, and
 instructions to buy better shoes.
--

                            "Safety Third!"

Eric J. Gustafson                                   drobnox at visi.com