[geeks] For Dave M - Fscking Suits

Sridhar the POWERful vance at ikickass.org
Sun Mar 10 17:52:37 CST 2002

On Sun, 10 Mar 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> > I use a 3Dlabs Oxygen GMX.  It's getting a little long in the tooth, but
> > it's still pretty good.  If you want a really nice video card, there's
> > always E&S or IBM RGB512VV.
>
> You have to say more about those last two options, because I just can't find
> anything about them (I can find info about the E&S newish crap PC cards
> though).

For E&S, you have to look for mil-spec stuff.  It's all custom stuff.
The IBM RGB512VV is a card with four processors accelerating the full
OpenGL and GraPHIGS systems with a total of a shade less than 1.6 GFLOPS.
It has 8MB SRAM cache, 128 MB VRAM, and 1GB DRAM.  I believe that the DRAM
is used for textures, and the VRAM is used for framebuffer.  The boardset
is four 64-bit 66MHz PCI cards, as well as a ribbon cable connecting them
together.  It was designed to do realistically-rendered product modeling
and 3D CAD.

Peace...  Sridhar