[geeks] Sun files suit against Microsoft

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Sat Mar 9 14:50:45 CST 2002

On Sat, 2002-03-09 at 11:21, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 01:27:00PM -0500, Keith Campbell wrote:
> > Are you implying that your company's site license covers your computer
> > at home?  It does not, regardless of who supplied it or what it is used
> > for.  A 'site' license is just that, a license for that site.  Large
> > companies with multiple locations need site licenses for each location.
> > Does your company have a site license for your home?
>
> What if my "home machine" is my work-provided laptop, that sits on my desk
> at work most of the day?

OK, I just went through the MS crap for licensing about a year ago.
Application software from M$:  If you have a site license, and you're
the "primary user" of a machine covered by the site license, then you
can install that software on your home PC, and be covered by the
license.
OS software varies more, but the new "buy it every year" stuff has the
same restrictions as application software.
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.