[geeks] Sun files suit against Microsoft

Tyler Hardison thardison at modbee.com
Sat Mar 9 10:38:23 CST 2002

>   I second this, on both points.  First, Java definitely does *not*
> play nicely under Windoze.  In the past few weeks, I've run lots of
> Java stuff under MacOS X and Solaris 7 and 8...and all of it,
> including JDBC and serial I/O, works flawlessly.  Moving it to a
> Windoze XP machine, however, was very painful and took three attempts
> before getting anywhere.

I'm sure that its going to be accused that Microsoft added code to XP to
purposefully break Java.  Its Microsoft's way once again to force the sheep
into one of their own pens. Notably the C# one.

Is it a wonder I refuse to use windows?

Of course if everyone used Perl, the world would be a happy place. :-)

Tyler.

foreach (@group) {
	$member{$_}++;
}