[geeks] Booze and Religion

James Sharp jsharp at psychoses.org
Fri Mar 8 22:01:30 CST 2002

> idiots? how so? i've known plenty of people who are on it (as i am
> currently) and you do lose weight if you stick to it.
>
> any diet is dangerous if you're not under medical supervision, mind.

One of these days, people are going to get it through their thick skulls
that weight loss is more than just "not eating carbs" or "the all-liquid
slim fast diet" or "Fad Diet #2920487".

Get thyself off the couch and get thy fat ass some freakin exercise.  You
aren't going to lose (and keep off) the 70 pounds you need to fit into
that swim suit by sitting in front of the couch watching "As The Stomach
Turns" on daytime TV while sucking on a SlimFast.

When I dropped 40 pounds over a couple of months, people kept asking me
what diet I was on.  It wasn't a diet...I simply cut back on the amount of
food I ate by about 30% and I was spending 2-3 days a week dragging
firehose around or running into burning buildings.  They just sort of
gasped at me and thought I was a freak for getting actual exercise.