[geeks] For Dave M - Fscking Suits

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Mar 7 20:58:53 CST 2002

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 08:43:37PM -0600, Eric Dittman wrote:
> Of course, with the lower performance of the Sparcs you'll need
> more of them.  :-)
> IMO, the Alpha is the best CPU available now and in the near
> future.

I *like* Alphas, but work couldnt justify the higher maintenance/upkeep
on the Alpha boxes compared to our Sun machines.  We're keeping a couple of
the bigger boxes (due to legacy apps that cant be easily ported), but most
of the smaller machines (4100s, etc) are going to be sold to resellers. 8-(

> Hey, I'm interested in any extras (StorageWorks or Alpha stuff)
> you might end up with.

If i end up with extras, I'll let people know.  We've got a ton of it.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net