[geeks] For Dave M - Fscking Suits

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Mar 7 19:15:51 CST 2002

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 05:12:25PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Josh josh JOSH!  School is a way to *prepare* for life...it's not a
> replacement for it.  C'mon, man!  Get out here and do cool stuff with
> us.  You're far too smart to waste yourself on excessive schooling.

I don't know how to get a good job (meaning not writing corporate tracking
/reporting/business logic) without grad school.  I don't want to appear to
be a typical undergrad with unrealistic expectations of what will happen
when I graduate, but I work a lot not, I've worked in real jobs doing real
work for a long time, and the only thing that keeps me working at them is
knowing that it pays for school so that I can do something more interesting
in the future.

Perhaps I should just take more risk and try starting a business rather than
go to grad school.  That might be my fall back plan.

--
Joshua D. Boyd