[geeks] Source for cheep hard drives?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Mar 7 15:56:24 CST 2002

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 08:55:29PM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> I'm in need of about 4 3.5" HH drives; I'd like to use 4GB drives, but I
> suspect I may not be able to afford them. I'm also looking for a pair of
> laptop-style IDE or SCSI drives for my twin Multias.

> Who do you guys use for cheap drives?

I use ebay usually.  There recently have been quite a lot of Barracuda 4gig
drives (narrow, maybe Ultra, but all I know for sure is that it is narrow)
in the $20 to $25 range.  The one I bought it working fairly well.  When I
get the spare cash I want to buy another 4-8 (I want 4 to build an array for
one machine, and could use some spares and upgrades to other machines).

I try to look for drives that are refurbished, clearance, etc, rather than
used.

--
Joshua D. Boyd