[geeks] Source for cheep hard drives?

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Thu Mar 7 15:33:49 CST 2002

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Eric Dittman wrote:
> What kind of 3.5" drives are you looking for?  IDE or SCSI?
> If SCSI, what interface?

SCSI Narrow, they are to go in a pair of SS2s.

> Finding inexpensive large capacity 2.5" SCSI drives is not
> easy.  Finding inexpensive large capacity 2.5" IDE drives
> is easy, but the IDE interface in the Multia is *SLOW*.

This is good information. I'm just looking to add a little more permanent
storage to the multia. As for the internal SCSI drive, one large enough to
hold a boot partition would be nice (32MB and up).

The Multia originally had a 512MB internal SCSI laptop-style drive. I'd be
happy with 1GB, but suspect I may have to stick to 512MB or lower.