[geeks] For Dave M - Fscking Suits

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Thu Mar 7 04:17:05 CST 2002

Dave McGuire wrote:

>   ...so you're suggesting the only way to get a reliable paycheck is
> to work for suits?  I just woke up, so maybe I'm still groggy, but
> that's what I got out of the paragraph above.

Not the only way, but possibly the most expedient. Need money? Get Job!
Before that, my resume is one long "Independent Consultant"-cy after the
layoff from JPL ('89)

> > accommodating they were when I made some requests that were in direct
> > contradiction to stated policy.
>
>   This is amazing, and very rare.

Indeed, and one of the reasons I'll stick around here a while. No, I
don't make quite enough money, but the prospects in the current market
are bleak at best.

Suits are still suits though, and the sooner quit of them, the better.

---sambo