[geeks] Is it me, or is this group awfully cheap

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Mar 6 05:19:01 CST 2002

On March 4, Craig Leikis wrote:
> > 	Or perhaps fate has put within our means that *one* critical
> > component needed to finish a pet project?
>
> It never fails, I'll keep something for years and never use it. Then throw
> it out 2 months before I need it for something.
>
> Just last night, I was looking for a 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor plug so I could
> plug my bass into my soundcard and do some recording. I seem to remember
> throwing it out about 2 months ago, because I didn't have a bass 2 months
> ago.

  I will never understand the thought process behind throwing something
in the trash just because one has no immediate use for it.

  Of course, it does have the benefit that few, if any, of your friends
will ever show up and try to mooch stuff from you, because they'll
likely know that you don't have anything that's not in constant use.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire