[geeks] Is it me, or is this group awfully cheap?

doctor obnox son of a bitch drobnox at visi.com
Tue Mar 5 23:18:39 CST 2002

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 08:47:13AM -0500, Kurt Huhn had the audacity to opine:
> > Ok, I live in the cheap capital of Canada, and this group seems to
> > jump at anything that is offered for free. I am not sure if this is a
> > bad thing, or just a group of people more then happy to take
> > advantage of a great deal, but it seems tome that this group and
> > their frugality would be the envy of my entire city.
> >

> I personally stay away from a lot of stuff, and try to clean out as much
> of the old as possible.  However, once in a while someone offers stuff
> up for free that I can't refuse, or need in order to complete an
> existing or broken workstation.

OK, I bought an old PeeCee from a fella from South Effrica, who got laid off and
has to move back. Being a nice guy, he threw in his other parts PeeCee, which
turned out to contain a huge-ass 4-port Dialogic telephony board.

 I have no use for it. Does anyone here? I'll give you guys first crack before
 I Ebay it. If anyone bites, I'll pull it out and stick on the scanner.

--

                            "Safety Third!"

Eric J. Gustafson                                   drobnox at visi.com