[geeks] baby stuff

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Sat Jun 29 13:36:03 CDT 2002

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> Err, I don't remeber a carburator, but I can't bring a clear picture
> of the engine compartment to mind anymore either.  I'd said 1.6 was
> probably the right vicinity.  You would think I'd remeber since I
> completely tore it apart to replace the head gasket once.

1.6L == 96ci. Some ricey-cars have the same size power plant.

Wow. That's pretty involved work. Mine could probably use an entire set of
seals and whatnot, but I think I'll leave that for until I get car #2 and
can afford the downtime. My shitty little Sentra continues to crank every
day, and as such, remains the one car we have with the lowest priority for
maintenence. (As I speak, the LTD is up on jack-stands getting it's
rear-end worked on and a half-shaft installed, the New Yorker likes to cut
off periodically, my father's truck has the radiator taken out, my
brother's '64 Lesabre is having a tranny swapped in this weekend or
next.)

All in all, I love the little thing. It's scared me a few times, but it
always continues to deliver what I ask of it. It's somewhat amazing to
realize that car will do 85 if you push the pedal, and that's not to the
floor! (Speedo tops at 105 -- but I lack the muey grande cajones to get
there in that car.) Looks like shit, but it's never let me down. (Nearly
cooked a battery though!)