[geeks] baby stuff

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Fri Jun 28 15:58:21 CDT 2002

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> Funny thing, we decided to sell our house before I got this job offer, and use
> some of the proceeds to pay off all our debt (car and truck too).  Now that
> that has gotten out, her sister has told us that we should just stay here and
> live off the money from the sale of the house, and continue to look for a job
> here.

Live off the money from the sale of the house, AKA absolutely kiss goodbye
whatever profit on the sale of the house you might have had. That's sound
fiscal advice right there, Kurt ;)

> Yep.  Karin and I have tried to explain it in fiscal and career-based terms,
> and folks just don't seem to get it.  We're going, and there ain't a damn
> thing they can do about it.

They probably won't get it until y'all see the lovely (flat) sights of
Bowling Green. And even then, if they're anything like my family, they'll
ride ya forever over it.

> kids) right now - for a variety of reasons.  All Karin's sister can think of
> that her nieces won't be around much - even though she only sees them once a
> week anyway...

I see my neices about once every two years and I love them no less than if
I could see 'em every day. But then, there's somethin' real nice about
being sung "Frere Jacques" in three-year old pseudo french over the phone
:)

--a