[geeks] um, hi. I'm new.

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Wed Jun 26 21:36:56 CDT 2002

lists at pellucidar.net writes:

>On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:44:11 -0400
>Joshua D Boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:

>> Seriously though, it was chasing the curly brackets and perens is
>> badly formated C code that really sold me on emacs.

>And that is also the one thing that makes me wonder if it would be worth
>looking at.  Currently I am using various editors for various things,
>but neither vi(m) or emacs by choice.  pico is a perfectly good editor
>for whacking out little shell scripts, as long as you remember -w.

I started on emacs, then forced myself to learn vi because I figured
I'd eventually see boxes out in the real world without emacs
installed. I loved vi and never went back.

I have thought about switching to a line editor.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
----- Being poked in the eye with a sharp stick makes baby jesus cry! -----