[geeks] Re: Episode III: Editor wars (was I'm new here)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Jun 26 15:45:47 CDT 2002

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Geek wrote:

> Nope. Notepad. Is there a pico for Windows?

There is, indeed.  In fact, the whole PINE suite is available.  But why
use that when you can have gvim or PFE or xemacs?  If you like pico,
you'll probably love PFE.  It's like a MDI version of Notepad without that
stupid 64k (under Win95/98/me, anyway) size limitation.  It also groks
Unix and DOS line terminators (and can switch between them at save-time)
and has a macro facility.

Before I discovered gvim, PFE was -the- editor for me under Windows.

--Jonathan