[geeks] Win2k DNS issue - help!

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Wed Jun 26 13:02:18 CDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-06-25 at 09:46, wlewis at mailbag.com wrote:

> As near as I can tell, everything is setup correctly, but I can't get any DNS
> resolution. The IP stack itself is installed and working correctly - at least
> that's what ping appears to show. The router appears to be configured properly
> or the other machines on the network wouldn't see the world?

Have you confirmed that there is someone listening on 53/udp?

Have you looked in your W2K services to see if the name server was
running?

>From any of your *NIX boxes, have you done any work with nslookup to see
if they can connect?

At least nslookup will give you a more useful response to tell you what
to look at next.

BTW - with all of those other systems you've got, mind if I ask why pick
the least capable platform for DNS services?