[geeks] How low?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Jun 25 20:34:21 CDT 2002

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 08:28:44PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 09:24:23PM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > And while I'm bitching about the sound on this machine, why the heck
> > does muting the audio via mixer have to cover a quarter of my screen
> > with the word mute in ugly green?
>
> Why the hell did you install the Creative bundlecrap?  Just use the factory
> drivers that come with Win2K/WinXP, and it works fine..  I never install
> the crapware.

Err, did I mention that it's a school machine and they are just using
the OS install done by Dell (with a bunch of additional software added
of course).  I might have left that out.  It is aggrevating as
anything.  Oh, and despite the nice 20" monitor, certain people always
insist on keeping it set to either 800x600 or 1024x768.

--
Joshua D. Boyd