[geeks] rant in e minor.

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Jun 23 19:01:12 CDT 2002

On June 23, Geoff Reed wrote:
> >first.  why didnt someone TELL me that "object oriented programming" was
> >nothing
> >more than a fancy name for "re-using code modules" ?
>
> Or putting a "fancy" object wrapper around old procedural code :)

  I catch myself doing that in Java frequently.  I've been a
procedural programmer for twenty years...old habits die hard.  I've
been wanting to learn more about this "functional programming"
bidness, when there's some free time...it sounds interesting, but will
likely be just as difficult to get used to when my brain is so
accustomed to thinking in certain [procedural] ways.

            -Dave