[geeks] Re: [SunHELP] Sun "V-Force" comics

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sat Jun 15 13:34:00 CDT 2002

Great comic... but if you went on the Matrix at the end alone, it
doesn't do enough to make the Blade stand out as the winner.  I'd never
select Dell machines over Suns, however, they make the Dell look better
at 80% of the items available and then try to argue a floating point
benchmark that's only slightly better while the integer performance
sucks comparatively.  A big nono would be the 1 year versus 3 year
warranty... if they want to compete they need to change it to a 5 year
warranty.  Also, HP's cache sizes seem a lot nicer on instruction and
data... aren't these the faster caches?

Andrew