[geeks] Where to find the Netra Open Boot Prom Update

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Jun 14 08:43:44 CDT 2002

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> Give 'em the 'WOW' factor, but don't ever demonstrate how you did it -
> if at all possible.

That is the core axiom of job security.  If you're lucky, you'll have an
employer who doesn't want any documentation because "documentation doesn't
make us money!"  They're kicking their own asses over that philosophy now,
but that's someone else's problem; I was just doing what I was yelled at
to do.

At any rate, as soon as you start training or demonstrating to people
above and beyond what your job would otherwise require, you are well on
your on your way to obsoleting your job (at least in the eyes of
manglement) and passing those responibilities to someone who doesn't
command so large a paycheck.

--Jonathan