Pete's irrational fear of SGI was:[geeks] Religion vs. Politics

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Jun 13 09:39:37 CDT 2002

> And as my computer room heats up this summer I am not so sure I like the
> Indigo2.  It told me this morning that it died of a cache parity error
> around 4AM, which is a little disturbing in a primary desktop I tend to
> leave stuff in process open on. Can't say for sure it is heat related,
> but it did follow one of the hottest days since I acquired the machine.

My Octane (R10k-195) ran the other day in  90-degree-F temps with zero
problems.  I almost shut it down, but I really wanted to see how it
would perform.  Flawlessly, it did.

The O2 (R5k-180) also performed well, but it wasn't really doing
anything, just operating as a cacheing DNS server on a temp basis.

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com