[geeks] Glad I don't live in Texas!

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Thu Jun 13 09:20:31 CDT 2002

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002 20:04:47 -0400
alex j avriette <avriettea at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> > Then don't bitch *shrug*
>
> the reason i said anything was that i more or less agreed. its
> difficult to come up with a standard that everyone agrees on,
> especially with the myriad mta's out there. i tend to read email in a
> window or terminal that is > 160 columns wide. sometimes i view mail
> on my treo, which is more like 40 columns. it might be easier for you
> to convince your client to format incoming mail than to convince
> others to format their outgoing mail to an arbitrary standard.
>
> i thought tim's response was actually kind of funny. i guess it could
> be construed as rude, but he did have a valid point.
>
> alex

Thank you, I meant it to be humorous Amy, sorry if I offended. I
personally get frustrated reading email when I have to scroll a message
that uses many lines on the left 1/3 of my window.  I actually now have
it set to wrap before send, so at least I can type happy, and then
others can read happy.

Tim