PRIVATE: Re: [geeks] Glad I don't live in Texas!

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Wed Jun 12 15:56:41 CDT 2002

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, David Passmore wrote:

> Religious or not, you made yourself part of a group with that statement,
> which seemed pretty contrary to the point you were trying to make. I realize
> this is a pointless discussion since a light bulb isn't going to pop up over
> your head with you suddenly saying, 'He's absolutely right!'. But, I had to
> point it out, nonetheless.

Totally true, I have grouped myself.  For me, it was more a long process
of discovering what I believed, and then accidentally discovering that
Buddhist teachings and my ideals were a close fit.  I didn't "join", I
more-or-less "am".

But, it is still a grouping, and you are correct.  It's almost necessary
for the sheer convenience of it.  I could list all of my beliefs, but that
would take waaaaaaaay to long, so Buddhist it is.

(Remember, I follow my own path, gleefully eating both beast and plant,
and thanking both for the contribution to my well-being.)

-Pete