[geeks] Glad I don't live in Texas!

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Wed Jun 12 01:23:17 CDT 2002

On Tuesday, June 11, 2002, at 10:53 PM, Matthew Poertner wrote:

> Open primaries violate the First Amendment right to free association,
> forcing
> political parties to associate with people that don't share their
> beliefs.

What the fuck?  I'd put down that crack pipe before you burn your
hands.  The party system is not something that our founding fathers put
into writing.  Much like the virgin birth, it was added after the fact.
Free association my ass.  Our goal should be to elect the best person
for the job.  As far as I'm concerned, we need to scrap the whole party
system and start over.

-P