[geeks] Glad I don't live in Texas!

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Wed Jun 12 01:12:53 CDT 2002

On Tuesday, June 11, 2002, at 10:21 PM, Matthew Poertner wrote:

> Yeah, well that model sounds nice but it wont work that way.  You get
> these
> damn democrats voting for dead people - Who's to say they wont start
> voting
> for a lesser prepared person in a different party?  They have no
> business
> to do so.

That's because in a contest between John Ashcroft and a dead man, any
sane person would vote for the dead man.  Ashcroft makes Fritz Hollings
look good, and I didn't think that was possible.

Besides, the Democrats managed a great smear campaign against the one
good candidate for gov. here in CA, and managed to shift enough so the
one they *knew* they could beat would get the nomination.  The
republicans played right into it, and now they will lose - CA will not
elect a hard-line conservative governor.

-Pete