Height/Weight: Re: [geeks] quiet

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Sun Jun 9 08:28:34 CDT 2002

On Sun, 9 Jun 2002, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> I'm convinced that nearly everyone has some mild form of ADD.  My

Hrm. If everyone has it, it's not a disorder.

> nephew was put on Ritalin for a couple months until his mother decided
> the ill effects outweighed the good.  He's able to concentrate on
> things if he's interested in them - he doesn't care for computers
> much, but will sit and listen to hour-long lectures on auto body
> repair or engine maintenance if he's allowed to ask questions.

Yeah, but like most people who have ADD and self-medicate, stimulants
help. But I try to stay away from them unless I absolutely need them (like
in order to prevent a N->K situation as a lack of sleep).

Your nephew is probably very mechanically minded. He will need the
computer experience, at least to a limited degree since all cars / trucks
/ generators have them.

Personally, I have found that I have great visualization skills -- if I
can understand exactly what I am thinking about (such as in conversation).
Like I've said before -- it's great to get a mental picture (vided,
really) of a network as an advertsing-like fly-over starting at a single
data circuit and finishing at a national map of interconnecting circuits.
And all in less than five seconds. :)