[geeks] homeless DEC stuff in NY state

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Fri Jun 7 23:53:07 CDT 2002

I have some stuff I'd like to have use up other peoples space.  Older DEC stuff, I think there are 3 DECStation 5000s of various types, a couple storag boxes of same vintage, some full height drives, all pretty small I think.  Memory has been yanked, but I may have some when I figure out how much my 5000 will actually hold. (I put it all in my box, but that won't boot now, grumbles about too many handles or some such)  I think there is a DEC 3000 in the pile also (alpha) not sure how complete.  No, I don't want to ship it, darn I try not to pick it up.  It has been stored in dry but non-temperature controlled environment.  Also there is one of those monstrous old tektronix printers that just patch into the monitor line and do screen dumps, and use full width color transfer film.  That thing I definitely will not pick up, bring a buddy to help you. :-)  I think there is even a good optical interconnect cable with the printer, and a couple extra control boxes.  This stuff all !
graduated from a CAD shop, and most of it was actually running in the last 3-5 years.

Tim

Proximity to wonder has blunted our perception and appreciation of it.
    --Tim Hartnell in
_Exploring_Artificial_Intelligence_on_Your_Commodore_64_