[geeks] The eBay saga goes on...

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Sat Jun 1 23:15:27 CDT 2002

> Well, he managed to leave negative feedback.  Oh well, his personality
> comes through loud and clear.
>
> In my mail:
>
>  >Made sure to give you a negative feedback
>
>  >Enjoy!
>

>  >-Ryan
>
> I think my response was good, feel free to check out my feedback page.
> (pwargo at basenji.com).
>
> I don't think I'll even respond to him - it's sad that he had to resort
> to name-calling, but what are you going to do?

What a jerk.  I'd forward his email threatening you with
negative feedback to eBay.  I'd also point out that his
auction states that he leaves unlicensed software on the
hard drive for the buyer to use, and also point out that
he has left feedback for himself.

Those should at least get him suspended.

I'd also look on the hard drive for unlicensed software
and report him to the companies owning the software.

Other than that, there's not much else you can do, unless
any of his emails said he'd leave you negative feedback
unless you did something outside the auction.

eBay used to remove retaliatory feedback.  I think they
should change their policy back.  Right now their policy
supports unfair feedback, which is an implicit agreement
that the unfair feedback is based on fact.

I can see an eventual class action of some type based on
their feedback policies.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net