[geeks] Why?

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Tue Jul 30 14:55:51 CDT 2002

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 10:24:44 -0400
Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

>   Well, rolling vehicles in forests crush large amounts of
> ground...destroying low plants, young trees, root systems, etc.
>
>      -Dave

Even more so, I bet to get close to the turning ability of that thing
you would have to compare to a tracked vehicle, and they just plain
destroy what you drive them through.  Besides, it can go sideways, which
can't be matched by any rotating tread off road vehicle I have seen, and
it is self leveling, which would be comforting on the sides of some of
the hills we have around here.

That thing is really cool!  Any bets as to whether one shows up in a
James Bond film?  I really wonder what top speed is on open terrain.

How would you ever get it road licensed? :-)

Tim