[geeks] DVD changers

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Tue Jul 30 14:36:43 CDT 2002

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 01:00:57 -0400
Michael Schiller <schiller at agrijag.com> wrote:

> I've never seen a DVD player that could read both sides, but there are
> plenty of laserdisc players (or there used to be) that could play one
> side, then the other. My laserdisc player (Pioneer LD-V2000) isn't one
> of those however :(
> --
> -Mike

The two sided pioneers (at least that I have seen) did that with a
single read head, it actually wrapped around the disc.  Someone also
made a turntable at one point that spun the record vertically and
wrapped a linear tracking cartridge around to play both sides.  The bose
surround display when I worked in retail had a single sider and a double
sider player in it, one with promotional propaganda and one with movie
clips.

Tim