[geeks] DVD changers

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Jul 29 23:34:23 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 07:14:24PM -0400, Tim H. wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 17:15:09 -0400
> Joshua D Boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:
>
> > I finally see the point of DVD changers.  It is so you don't have to
> > get up and swap discs in the middle of multi VCD movies, or Pride and
> > Prejudice (the 5 hour A&E version).
> > --
> > Joshua D. Boyd
>
> Unless you have a flippy, in which case you have to get up and flip it
> over.

I have never seen a DVD that required flipping to watch the movie.  In
most of the ones I've seen, it is two different formats of the movie.
In one case it was two different movies.  Occasionally it is movie on
one side, special features on the other.

But, this is no guaratee that someone didn't feel the need to be
different.  But don't that make players that can read both sides
without flipping?

--
Joshua D. Boyd